Sunday, February 12, 2012

A 25% Break

I have done 91 days on my 365 project and I think it is time for a change.  Every once in a while I take a really nice picture but I feel I am just snapping pictures hoping for something good.  There is no structure or purpose.  I realize the goal of a 365 project is to get me to take pictures but just taking a picture for the sake of posting one everyday doesn't make any sense to me.  I think I need to redefine my goal and possibly outline a plan to improve my images.

I just started reading the book my kids gave me for Christmas, Photographically Speaking: A Deeper Look at Creating Stronger Images by David duChemin.  I have a feeling this book is going to take a few readings for everything to sink in but it has given me something to think about already.  I'll finish reading it and reevaluate what I am trying to do.

My biggest hurdle will be overcoming the picture of myself as a non-creative person.  I draw but nothing original, I am great at copying but struggle with original creations.  I'm usually best at improving on something someone else has started...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...