Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 65

Driving over to town to get bagels for breakfast I couldn't help but stop to take this picture.  Lucky for me there was no traffic on the road because the shoulder was very narrow and I could't pull over to get the car completely off the road.  This is a picture from the end of the runway looking toward the hangers of the old Griffiss Air Force base in Rome, NY.  The steam/smoke trail from the power plant was hanging low to the ground probably due to the extreme cold (-15F).

Smoke Trail - Day 65
All the processing was done in Lightroom with noise reduction done in Topaz Labs DeNoise 5.  I cropped the outer fence out of the picture and changed the aspect ratio to 16x9.  I increased blacks and added some fill light to bring out the detail in the snow.  My exposure was a little dark so I added some brightness but also added contrast to bring out the color in the sky.  To get a little better definition of the steam/smoke trail I increased clarity.  Here is the original for comparison...



1 comment:

  1. very nice. Love the editing. Yeah, I muse a great deal as I edit a photo -- but I don't document those musings. I document all the glaze work and firings I do in pottery, because those take a lot longer to do and the outcomes need to be well documented, if I want to repeat them (or NOT repeat them!)
    I make monsters!
    http://corazondedios.deviantart.com/gallery/10665024

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by...